Gone: My Hearty.

So warm,your hands.
So genuine, your smile.
So gentle, your voice.
"Thank you. I am lucky."

We talk, about everything.
We laughing.  A lot.
Then you start coughing. Pain.
I stop talking. Look at you pale.
You whisper. "Sorry"

"No.I am sorry"
You smile. "It's okay"
We stop talking. Silence.
Death silence.
Then the nurse tells me to leave.


As I start walking, you cough.
I look back.
Your eyes. Watery.
I come back. Hug.
"Thank you for always being there.I love you"

"Shh! Rest!" I Stop you.
As I walk out, I feel a part of me leaving.
I rush to my car.
I get in. Sobbing. Pain.
I am hopeful, of a miracle.

I head home.
Open my door.
Phone call.
And I hear your mum's sobbing voice.
I drop to the floor.
Pain.Anger.Tears.

I lie on the floor. Helpless.
Knock on the door. Our other pals.
We head to the hospital.
We find you lying down. Still.
Your hands. So cold.
My heart freezes. Gone. Too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ask myself....

Set My Mind Free..

Battling