Dancing in the Dark

I know you are there but I can't see your face,
I feel your presence,
I hear your breathe,
I see your silhouette,
You look majestic, magnetic, so athletic.
As I watch you dance in the dark.


I dream of the things that we can be,
I dream of your lips,your hands, your grip,
Because only there I can touch you,
Only there I feel your flesh next to mine,
Only in that state I can call you mine,
You are apathetic, unapologetic and poetic.
But only in this state, I can hold you as we dance in the dark.

Then I wake up,
And back to the reality of wanting,
The agony of needing,
And knowing that you will always be a just that... a shadow,
That I watch grow, flow and follow
Away with the wind as you dance in the dark.

I wanna dream all the time,
So that I can have you in my arms,
I wanna tell you, show you, make you ...mine
Just for a moment,
An unforgettable moment.
To at least dance with you in the dark.

Yet I have been standing here behind you for hours,
Not even a glance from you,
You don't see me,
You don't feel me,
You don't want me!
I cry as you keep dancing in the dark!

Comments

  1. I have been reading this one piece over and over and the more I read, the emptier I feel inside because I feel like you are speaking for 1001 of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I ask myself....

Set My Mind Free..

Battling