BONES OF MY SHADOW

Why do i fade into the shadows
What more could i cry but the tears of blood off my hearts' windows.
I am dead inside, my outside walking in the burrows
I catch my breath from the pits deep in the shallows
I have lost the friend i had in the brain you adore
The bones of my shadow swallowing my heart


Of my existence wiped out are constant echoes
A reminder of the thing i held so dear, my ego
The source of my being, the rhythm from my soul's piano
It made me who i was, my pride was my logo
From a distance i would hear them mourn mellow
My friends with their new friend, pillow
The bones of my shadow hugging and comforting my beau

My body no more but nutrients for the mango
I will now be a tale of a tail to tell of long ago
I will be in the soil, food to the ants below
On me they will feed and celebrate as they tango
Yet up above me, the pain in my mums heart;a cargo
Death a thief of a happy one, to them a permanent  foe
The bones of  shadow in their memories my smile will forever glow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ask myself....

Set My Mind Free..

Battling